[squeak-dev] Sharing a picture

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Sat Jan 15 00:54:28 UTC 2022

Ah, but
a) https://www.reddit.com/r/smalltalk/comments/8mc5r5/introducing_smalltalk_express/ says it is 'on hold' as of 3 years ago
b) it was also the name of the company I did a lot of consulting for in the UK back in ... well, let's just say a very long time ago.
c) also there was a version of (I think) DIgitalk's stuff sold under that name some years ago. 16 bit only. Ooh, for the utterly obsessive, I found a plausibly downloadable copy at http://ftp.sunet.se/mirror/archive/ftp.sunet.se//pub/lang/smalltalk/OBJSHARE/SmalltalkExpress/stexpres.exe

Hmm, actually there's a quite large list of ST stuff on that site, though it appears to be pre-'08 only... ah, right it is a copy of the old UIUC archive. There might even be some stuff that is missing from squeak.org - see http://ftp.sunet.se/mirror/archive/ftp.sunet.se/pub/lang/smalltalk/Squeak/

Oohh, Thinglab. Ooh, loads of weird stuff http://ftp.sunet.se/mirror/archive/ftp.sunet.se/pub/pictures/fun/Borg.jpg

Goodness me that was a dive into my past!

> On 2022-01-14, at 3:52 PM, David T. Lewis <lewis at mail.msen.com> wrote:
>
> smalltalk express

tim
Love may be blind, but marriage is a real eye-opener.