[squeak-dev] The Inbox: Morphic-ct.1846.mcz

christoph.thiede at student.hpi.uni-potsdam.de christoph.thiede at student.hpi.uni-potsdam.de
Sun Jan 16 17:42:24 UTC 2022

Hi Marcel,

alright, so this turns out to be another larger construction site, too large for now. :D

> In my image, this text disappears as soon as I move the cursor.

Are you sure about this? For me, it only disappears when I un-hover a menu item which has its own balloon text, or alternatively, a menu item which has a submenu. In the moment where this item's balloon or submenu is discarded, the initial balloon disappears.

That's what we're doing in SBE right now: https://github.com/hpi-swa-lab/SqueakByExample-english/blob/e521a283d088f5aa8799c87dc3469a3a72df14e2/SmalltalkSources/SBE-Extract.package/SBEWorldHelper.class/instance/closeBalloons.st :-)

> Looking at MenuMorph >> #showKeyboardHelp ... it looks quite hacky ... :-)

Could you give me a pointer what makes it hacky? Is it the fact that it does not use the #showBalloon: protocol on Morph?

Best,
Christoph

---
Sent from Squeak Inbox Talk