[squeak-dev] The Inbox: Monticello-lrnp.757.mcz

Lauren Pullen drurowin at gmail.com
Sun Jan 16 19:11:36 UTC 2022

On 1/16/22 16:47, David T. Lewis wrote:
> In any case I suspect that the fix for MCWorkingCopyBrowser>>#repositorySelection:
> might better not try to reload the repository list. Maybe it is
> sufficient to just refresh the list in the browser. Using a call
> to "self changed" #repositoryList" seems to address the problem
> that I saw.
>
> Lauren, what do you think? Here is what I tried in my image:
>
> repositorySelection: aNumber
>
> 	aNumber = 0
> 		ifTrue: [self repository: nil]
> 		ifFalse: [self repository: ([self repositories at: aNumber]
> 					on: Error
> 					do: [:e | self changed: #repositoryList])].
> 	self changed: #repositorySelection.
> 	self changedButtons.
I didn't see your reply.  Operator error.

On a somewhat-related note...

I don't fully understand Smalltalk's exception handling system (I come
from common lisp), so I have a question.  In the error handler block, is
the handlerBlock return used as the expression's return value?  I
explicitly say nil in my patch since #changed: returns self.  From your
code, it doesn't look like this is needed.

Thanks for the discussion.