[squeak-dev] #edit adds TextFontReference to text

christoph.thiede at student.hpi.uni-potsdam.de christoph.thiede at student.hpi.uni-potsdam.de
Sun Jan 16 19:13:29 UTC 2022

> BTW, your font is really large in your emails.  Are you doing this because you're using a high-dpi screen?  :)  Are you open to increasing your local font size instead?  Your emails are hard to read.

Sorry for that! Apparently Preferences standardCodeFont is automatically added to any text that is opened in a workspace via #edit (see the #font: send in MorphicToolBuilder>>#buildPluggableText:). This only happens since ToolBuilder-Morphic-mt.276 because before, the font was ignored by an empty workspace and the text was only added to it after building. I'm not sure whether the tool builder should append any attributes to the displayed text, and I don't know how PluggableTextMorph should implement font changes in the right way ...

For now, I have turned off the automatic font assignment in the toolbuilder in order not to disturb you with any further ugly large letters! :-)

Best,
Christoph

---
Sent from Squeak Inbox Talk