[squeak-dev] Should UndeclaredVariableWarning be a Notification?

christoph.thiede at student.hpi.uni-potsdam.de christoph.thiede at student.hpi.uni-potsdam.de
Thu Jan 20 00:31:36 UTC 2022

Hi all,

since SUnit-ct.129 (treat warnings in tests as test error), we have plenty failing compiler tests. I have also noticed similar effects in some third-party packages because no one would have assumed that a simple compilation request that has no visible side effect to the user (except for a Transcript send, but who is having a transcript open all the time? me not!) could be raising a Warning. UndeclaredVariableWarning is an untypical subclass of Warning because in its default action, it does not do anything interruptive.

So my question is: Do you assure that UndeclaredVariableWarning should be Warning? In this case I will move on and handle this exception in all affected tests.

Best,
Christoph

---
Sent from Squeak Inbox Talk