[squeak-dev] The Trunk: Morphic-mt.1852.mcz

Marcel Taeumel marcel.taeumel at hpi.de
Sat Jan 22 08:48:45 UTC 2022

Hi Chris, hi all --

Maybe we need a better interface to communicate "cancel" in the face of models using #textEdited:? Hmm... maybe we should directly ask the model and let it decide to retrieve the cancelled contents... the widget cannot do much in this situation...

Best,
Marcel
Am 22.01.2022 09:40:04 schrieb Marcel Taeumel <marcel.taeumel at hpi.de>:
Hi Chris --

I don't understand what you are talking about. Both "accept" and "cancel" have still consistent and predictable behaviors. The only "new thing", which was already there in 5.3, is maybe #textEdited: where models can directly intercept typed contents and use them. This is unrelated to the still functional "accept" and "cancel" operations.

> What is the benefit of tossing the user's input which they explicitly accepted?

We don't do that. What are you referring to?

Best,
Marcel