[squeak-dev] Unix-domain SOCK_STREAM sockets (was Re: NetNameResolver useOldNetwork seems perhaps too conservative?)

Tony Garnock-Jones tonyg at leastfixedpoint.com
Tue Jun 7 08:48:01 UTC 2022

On 6/7/22 10:23, Tobias Pape wrote:
> I'd actually be interested what happened if you removed it…
> I'm grabbing the popcorn :D

Haha OK well, I'm not gonna go there right now! Maybe after the release;
I want to stay roughly trunk-compatible for now.

I'm playing with Unix-domain sockets. All the pieces are in the image,
and the lessons of this post from 2013 (!) still apply:
https://samadhiweb.com/blog/2013.07.27.unixdomainsockets.html

so I've packaged up the necessary in a few methods (attached). Proper
publication to follow later (I'm hacking on implementing X11 in Squeak
right now)

Tony