[squeak-dev] The Trunk: Collections-mt.991.mcz

commits at source.squeak.org commits at source.squeak.org
Tue Mar 1 16:39:26 UTC 2022

Marcel Taeumel uploaded a new version of Collections to project The Trunk:
http://source.squeak.org/trunk/Collections-mt.991.mcz

Name: Collections-mt.991
Author: mt
Time: 1 March 2022, 5:39:24.888136 pm
UUID: f34c5b0e-4785-3045-b7ac-4d2913b6b3bb
Ancestors: Collections-mt.990

Complements Morphic-mt.1917

=============== Diff against Collections-mt.990 ===============

Item was added:
+ ----- Method: Text class>>codeSample (in category 'filler text') -----
+ codeSample
+
+ 	^ 'exampleWithNumber: x
+ 	"A method that illustrates every part of Smalltalk method syntax
+ 	including primitives. It has unary, binary, and keyboard messages,
+ 	declares arguments and temporaries, accesses a global variable
+ 	(but not an instance variable), uses literals (array, character,
+ 	symbol, string, integer, float), uses the pseudo variables true,
+ 	false, nil, self, and super, and has sequence, assignment, return
+ 	and cascade. It has both zero argument and one argument blocks."
+ 	<primitive: ''primitiveCopyBits'' module: #BitBltPlugin error: ec>
+ 	| y |
+ 	true & false not & (nil isNil) ifFalse: [self halt].
+ 	y := self size + super size.
+ 	#($a #a ''a'' "a" 1 1.0)
+ 		do: [ :each |
+ 			Transcript
+ 				show: (each class name);
+ 				show: '' ''].
+ 	^ x < y'!

Item was added:
+ ----- Method: Text class>>forssmanSample (in category 'filler text') -----
+ forssmanSample
+ 	"Detailtypografie. Friedrich Forssmann, Ralf de Jong. Verlag Hermann Schmidt. 2004. ISBN 978-3874395687. http://www.detailtypografie.de/"
+
+ 	^ self fromString: 'Wien, Venedig, Ravenna? Also gut: Ravenna. Gleichmäßiger
+ Regen hüllt den Abend ein. Die Fassaden der Häuser haben ihr
+ Antlitz verloren. Ein korpulenter Polizist humpelt auf
+ Krücken zum Strand. Vergeblich halten wir Ausschau,
+ melancholisch spielt Frau Löwe mit ihrem Zirkel. Wir öffnen
+ die Tür. Wir sehen nichts. In der Ferne ein Gewitter. Früher
+ wägte man den Sinn und den Unsinn und entschied sich für den
+ Unsinn. Das war eine Geschmackssache. Wir liegen in Fesseln,
+ ach und in Feuchte. Frau Löwe malt ein vergangenes Bild der
+ Wissenschaft auf die bröcklige Leinwand der Herzen. Sie
+ verneigt sich und küßt uns die Augen. Wir finden keine Luft
+ mehr, wir halten uns nur noch auf dem laufenden. Gott im
+ Himmel, laß es ein Ende haben!! Gott im Himmel, erweiche dein
+ Herz!! Gott im Himmel schenk uns dein Fleisch!! Wir finden ...
+ Luft ... Das Leselicht erlischt. »Blind ist der Blinde nur
+ hinter der Binde.« Schiller & Goethe reichen sich die Hände.
+ »Na denn? Na denn!!«'!

Item was added:
+ ----- Method: Text class>>melvilleSample (in category 'filler text') -----
+ melvilleSample
+ 	"
+ 	https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moby-Dick
+ 	"
+
+ 	^ self fromString:  'Call me Ishmael. Some years ago - never mind how long
+ precisely - having little or no money in my purse, and
+ nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I
+ would sail about a little and see the watery part of the
+ world. It is a way I have of driving off the spleen and
+ regulating the circulation. Whenever I find myself growing
+ grim about the mouth; whenever it is a damp, drizzly
+ November in my soul; whenever I find myself involuntarily
+ pausing before coffin warehouses, and bringing up the rear
+ of every funeral I meet; and especially whenever my hypos
+ get such an upper hand of me, that it requires a strong
+ moral principle to prevent me from deliberately stepping
+ into the street, and methodically knocking people''s hats off
+ - then, I account it high time to get to sea as soon as I
+ can. This is my substitute for pistol and ball. With a
+ philosophical flourish Cato throws himself upon his sword; I
+ quietly take to the ship. There is nothing surprising in
+ this. If they but knew it, almost all men in their degree,
+ some time or other, cherish very nearly the same feelings
+ towards the ocean with me.
+
+ There now is your insular city of the Manhattoes, belted
+ round by wharves as Indian isles by coral reefs - commerce
+ surrounds it with her surf. Right and left, the streets take
+ you waterward. Its extreme down-town is the battery, where
+ that noble mole is washed by waves, and cooled by breezes,
+ which a few hours previous were out of sight of land. Look
+ at the crowds of water-gazers there.
+
+ 	-- Herman Melville'!

Item was changed:
  ----- Method: Text class>>symbolSample (in category 'filler text') -----
  symbolSample
+ 	"Symbols are specific to a font family. We cannot know which code points are supported and how symbols will look like. Thus, you should ask the font of your choice to provide you with a #symbolSample."
+
+ 	^ TextStyle defaultFont symbolSample!
-
- 	^ self streamContents: [:stream | | lineLength character|
- 		lineLength := 0.
- 		33 to: 255 do:[ :index |
- 			character := stream nextPut: (Character value: index).
- 			lineLength := lineLength + 1.
- 			(('@Z`z' includes: character) or: [lineLength >= 30])
- 				ifTrue: [
- 					lineLength :=0.