[squeak-dev] font huge or tiny, how to make it just right?

Lauren Pullen drurowin at gmail.com
Sat Mar 5 00:09:14 UTC 2022

Hi Marcel,

On 3/2/22 07:03, Marcel Taeumel wrote:
> Hi Lauren --
>
> There is a text-input field in the point-size list where you can enter any new point size. You can also try an arbitrary scaling factor like this: "Display uiScaleFactor: 1.1"
Sorry for the noise... error between keyboard and chair; I saw the note
about the pre-rendered fonts in About Squeak -> Image Fonts.  Maybe we
should pop up a notice when the user tries to accept an arbitrary point
size on the pre-rendered fonts?

The Font Importer is a bit difficult to use.  It isn't clear that you
_must_ use the Adjust x button to get rid of aliasing.  Wouldn't it make
more sense to make that the default?