[squeak-dev] [ANN] TouchScrolling

Tony Garnock-Jones tonyg at leastfixedpoint.com
Sat Mar 5 09:56:33 UTC 2022

Hi Marcel, everybody -

On 2/17/22 12:45, Marcel Taeumel wrote:
> Wohoo! This is great. I have to look into this. I always wanted to
> scroll stuff by touch on my laptop.

Has anyone had a chance to try TouchScrolling out yet?

I'd be keen to hear people's thoughts on it. If it isn't too intrusive
(I will admit I find it a *little* intrusive when I'm working with an
image using a mouse on my desktop PC), perhaps it could be (rewritten
and) included in trunk.

It'd be nice to, for example, have it so that a trunk image could work
without too much modification in squeak.js.org.

(I intend to experiment in squeak.js with a combination of
TouchScrolling and the on-screen keyboard I built for my cellphone work...)

Cheers,
   Tony