[squeak-dev] [ANN] TouchScrolling

Tony Garnock-Jones tonyg at leastfixedpoint.com
Mon Mar 7 13:44:39 UTC 2022

Hi Jaromir,

Thanks for your feedback!

On 3/5/22 19:47, Jaromir Matas wrote:
> Touch scrolling is really cool; will it be a part of the standard image
> (optional/preference) ?

I don't know - there are no plans for that at the moment.

> I guess it’s a bug that scroll bars no longer work; as if not detected
> at all: grabbing it with a mouse or finger does nothing and an attempt
> to move it scrolls in the opposite direction.

Ah - it *does* work. If you stay still for a while, a couple of tenths
of a second, the click is passed through to the scrollbar. The same
applies to other widgets contained in a ScrollPane.

The idea, then, is to click -- brief-hold -- drag.

This is what I meant about it being "a *little* intrusive" :-)

I wonder if tweaking the timeout duration would help. It's in ScrollPane
class >> #touchScrollStartTimeout, currently set to 250ms...

Cheers,
   Tony