[squeak-dev] [ANN] TouchScrolling

Jakob Reschke jakres+squeak at gmail.com
Tue Mar 8 18:35:17 UTC 2022

Am Mo., 7. März 2022 um 14:48 Uhr schrieb Tony Garnock-Jones
<tonyg at leastfixedpoint.com>:

> On 3/6/22 16:39, Jakob Reschke wrote:
> > On the other hand I have set my pen/tablet to invoke a right click
> > when I hold down the pen for a few hundred milliseconds. Since
> > ScrollPanes now expect the same gesture to get back to the drag
> > behavior, I cannot access this anymore with the pen.
>
> Ah, this is not so good. Would adjusting the timeout TouchScrolling uses
> help, do you think? (ScrollPane class >> #touchScrollStartTimeout)

If I have observed correctly, the hold-down-pen handling that
eventually invokes a right click happens outside of the receiving
process (i. e. outside of Squeak). Therefore the timeout setting in
Squeak should have no effect on this. Squeak would not even know that
the pen is down.