[squeak-dev] [ANN] TouchScrolling

Marcel Taeumel marcel.taeumel at hpi.de
Wed Mar 9 07:44:12 UTC 2022

> ... generate and handle scroll events ...

I meant "touch events" ... sorry for the noise.
Am 09.03.2022 08:43:40 schrieb Marcel Taeumel <marcel.taeumel at hpi.de>:
Hi Tony --

> I'd be keen to hear people's thoughts on it. If it isn't too intrusive
> (I will admit I find it a *little* intrusive when I'm working with an
> image using a mouse on my desktop PC), perhaps it could be (rewritten
> and) included in trunk.

Well, if we cannot manage to generate and handle scroll events in such a morph, I would at least flag all related methods with a common symbol so that we can find the involved code later on.

(I consider it a little bit hacky where it is right now^^)

Maybe I get the chance to look at it soon. TrueType is okay-ish at the moment. Locale and LanguageEnvironment bothers me a little bit currently. But almost finished.

Best,
Marcel
Am 09.03.2022 08:35:40 schrieb Tony Garnock-Jones <tonyg at leastfixedpoint.com>:
On 3/8/22 19:35, Jakob Reschke wrote:
> If I have observed correctly, the hold-down-pen handling that
> eventually invokes a right click happens outside of the receiving
> process (i. e. outside of Squeak). Therefore the timeout setting in
> Squeak should have no effect on this. Squeak would not even know that
> the pen is down.

Oh, I see. It could perhaps still work if the Squeak timeout were
*shorter* but then it makes scrolling rather difficult! No win
situation. I think your suggestion of being smarter about *available
scroll directions* is a winning idea here, I'm looking forward to having
time to try it out.

Regards,
Tony