[squeak-dev] Squeak Oversight Board Election 2022

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Thu Mar 24 01:10:46 UTC 2022

On Wed, Mar 16, 2022 at 09:31:12AM +0000, Rein, Patrick wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> It's that time again. Time to raise your voices and elect your leaders! Can you believe
> it's been a year already?
>
> It's a time for you to stand up, help your community and volunteer to serve!

I am running for the Squeak Oversight Board again this year.

I am a hobby programmer and long-time participant in the Squeak community.
I have contributed to some of the technical aspects of Squeak, but I am
most enthusiatic about using Squeak for learning and exploration.

Outside of my Squeak hobby, I do various kinds of software development
and systems integration, and I get paid for doing that sort of thing.
But that's just work stuff, Squeak is something that I do for fun.

As a board member, my priority is on supporting things that make
Squeak more interesting, educational, and understandable from top
to bottom. I also have an interest in keeping Squeak sustainable
over time as various operating systems and runtime platforms come
and go.

Dave