[squeak-dev] Improving visibility of comments in Shout renders code within SqueakTheme

Benoit St-Jean bstjean at yahoo.com
Tue May 17 16:52:20 UTC 2022

Comments are sometimes *necessary*, no matter how clear, concise and
simple the Smalltalk code might look.

For instance, the code to generate the A328022 OEIS integer sequence is
pretty straightforward and simple in Smalltalk code. But unless a
*comment* tells you what the code is trying to achieve, you'd have a
hard time understanding what's going on...

So I favor comments in *italic* (as they stand out a lot more than
"sentences in between quotes") as sometimes Smalltalk code cannot tell
you the whole story the way a simple comment can do.

--
Benoît St-Jean