[squeak-dev] Merge Request: autoEncloseBeforeSpace.cs

christoph.thiede at student.hpi.uni-potsdam.de christoph.thiede at student.hpi.uni-potsdam.de
Fri May 27 21:10:15 UTC 2022

Hi Jaromir, Marcel, all,

with Morphic-mt.1824 in current Trunk, we have the following behavior for closer brackets:

> Via "enclose selection" preference, an opening bracket adds a level and a closer bracket removes a level. No toggling anymore.

So pressing a closer bracket removes the pair of brackets that is *enclosing* the selection. However, I still wonder whether we should also remove the pair of brackets *inside* the selection if there is no further pair of brackets.

So that

	[123] (entire line selected)

when pressing

	]

becomes

	123 (entire line selected)

instead of (as in current Trunk)

	] (nothing selected)

Or would this be more inconsistent than convenient? Wdyt?

Best,
Christoph

---
Sent from Squeak Inbox Talk