[squeak-dev] Latest VM appears to mess with initial window size

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Sun May 29 18:54:25 UTC 2022

I'm just trying the latest release VM (ARMv8 on a Pi in this case) and it seems to be doing Odd Things with the window size.

The same image on two different Pis opens with different window sizes. One Pi has a 1920 at 180 screen and the initial window is notably smaller than what it was when I saved the image, the other has a 1920 at 1440 screen and the initial window size is what I set. That size is not larger than the 1920 at 1080 screen, by the way. To the best of my recollection this is new (mis)behaviour.

We've always done some startup checks in the VM to fit the window within the available display limits but I don't remember previously over-riding the requested size this aggressively. Has anyone changed this code recently? Or is this a side effect of recent scale factor stuff? I can't spot any suspicious code in the image right now.

tim
A misplaced modifier walks into a bar owned a man with a glass eye named Ralph