[squeak-dev] primitiveWindow:width:height: failed with -vm-display-null

Tony Garnock-Jones tonyg at leastfixedpoint.com
Tue May 31 09:46:39 UTC 2022

This is still a problem. It must be either a recent image change or the
new VM that's causing the issue.

I wonder if it could be the new call to
UserInterfaceTheme>>scaleMorphicWorldBy: at fault. Certainly the host
window size jumps around all over the place in a way it never used to...
and fixFontsAndScaleAround: changed in March to call
scaleMorphicWorldBy: - it didn't used to before.

Should hostWindowExtent: perhaps catch and ignore
primitiveWindow:width:height: failures?

Here's the traceback:

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv Error: primitiveWindow:width:height: failed
vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
The time is 2022-05-31T11:29:47.71844+02:00
DisplayScreen class(Object)>>error:
DisplayScreen class(Object)>>primitiveFailed:
DisplayScreen class(Object)>>primitiveFailed
DisplayScreen class>>primitiveWindow:width:height:
DisplayScreen class>>hostWindowExtent:
DisplayScreen class>>setNewScreenSize:
UserInterfaceTheme>>scaleMorphicWorldBy:
UserInterfaceTheme>>fixFontsAndScaleAround:
UserInterfaceTheme>>apply
UserInterfaceTheme>>doScale150
UserInterfaceTheme>>setScaleFactor:
[] in UserInterfaceTheme>>setScaleFactorPreApply:
FullBlockClosure(BlockClosure)>>on:do:
UserInterfaceTheme>>setScaleFactorPreApply:
CommunityTheme(UserInterfaceTheme)>>copyWithScaleFactor:
CommunityTheme(UserInterfaceTheme)>>setScaleFactor:
CommunityTheme(UserInterfaceTheme)>>applyScaled:
DisplayScreen>>uiScaleFactor:
Preferences class>>setDemoFonts
[] in [] in UndefinedObject>>DoIt
FullBlockClosure(BlockClosure)>>on:do:
FullBlockClosure(BlockClosure)>>valueSupplyingAnswers:
FullBlockClosure(BlockClosure)>>valueSupplyingAnswer:
[] in UndefinedObject>>DoIt
[] in [] in UndefinedObject>>DoIt
FullBlockClosure(BlockClosure)>>on:do:
[] in UndefinedObject>>DoIt
[] in FullBlockClosure(BlockClosure)>>newProcess

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Error: primitiveWindow:width:height: failed