[squeak-dev] The Inbox: Kernel-jar.1473.mcz

commits at source.squeak.org commits at source.squeak.org
Tue May 31 21:31:19 UTC 2022

A new version of Kernel was added to project The Inbox:
http://source.squeak.org/inbox/Kernel-jar.1473.mcz

Name: Kernel-jar.1473
Author: jar
Time: 31 May 2022, 11:31:14.576719 pm
UUID: 53473e84-779a-8a4c-9bf5-32a53197cd05
Ancestors: Kernel-mt.1472

Fix a bug causing an endless stream of error windows poping up when debugging e.g.
	[] newProcess
when Process Browser is open with auto-update on.

Once the suspendedContext is set, the new process is no longer considered terminated and Process Browser will try to place it in its list of processes but encounters a nil error when reading its priority because it has not been set yet.

=============== Diff against Kernel-mt.1472 ===============

Item was changed:
  ----- Method: Process class>>forContext:priority: (in category 'instance creation') -----
  forContext: aContext priority: anInteger
+ 	"Answer an instance of me that has suspended aContext at priority anInteger.
+ 	It's important to set the priority before setting the suspendedContext; otherwise
+ 	an endless stream of error windows will start poping up when debugging e.g.
+ 		[] newProcess
+ 	when Process Browser is open with auto-update on."
- 	"Answer an instance of me that has suspended aContext at priority
- 	anInteger."

  	| newProcess |
  	newProcess := self new.
- 	newProcess suspendedContext: aContext asContext.
  	newProcess priority: anInteger.