[squeak-dev] The Trunk: System-dtl.1374.mcz

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Sat Nov 26 01:45:40 UTC 2022

On Fri, Nov 25, 2022 at 11:49:00AM -0800, tim Rowledge wrote:

> Last time I tried a similar approach I made the source pointer stuff be
> an object that could be a Smallint to point into a file or a String or
> a link of some sort to something I don't even remember. That meant you
> could mix'n'match where source came from, which seemed plausibly
> interesting. You might even make it go via a web service that serves
> up the source and stores new source & doits in a shareable manner,
> merging in with some monticello capabilities.

I think there are a lot of really interesting things that might be
done with this idea. I really hope someone picks up on it and tries
a few experiments.

There is certainly no reason that SourceFiles must have exactly two
elements, and no reason that source pointers cannot point to things
other than file positions.

Dave