[squeak-dev] Error during installation of Git Browser from the Tools menu

rabbit rabbit at callistohouse.org
Sun Oct 2 17:14:36 UTC 2022

Hey all'y'all,

I am getting an installation error when trying to install the Git
Browser. I think it is during the Metacello-MC install. I'm stuck.

The UndefinedObject>>#error: 'only integers should be used as indices'
is occurring in the
MCFileTreeStCypressReader>>#addExtensionClassAndMethodDefinitionsFromEntry:
classEntry.

The classEntry is

    a DirectoryEntryDirectory String.extension

        in the directory:
        '/media/rabbit/PRIME/CallistoHouse/squeak-6.0/github-cache/Metacello/metacello/master/Metacello-metacello-214c519/repository/Metacello-MC.package'

inside of #addExtensionClassAndMethodDefinitionsFromEntry: classEntry.,
the classPropertiesDict is nil. This is due to the classDirectory
entries returning another directory '*instance*'. There is no
'properties.ston' or 'properties.json' file inside of #isPropertyFile:
with the directory 'instance' as the entry tested. In fact there is no
properties files inside of 'instance' directory.

    classDirectory := self fileUtils directoryFromEntry: classEntry.
       ((entries := classDirectory entries) ...
         detect: [ :entry | self isPropertyFile: entry ]
         ifNone: [  ])

Help! Muchas gracias!

--
Have a good one; keep it, light.
Kindly,

Sent from Callisto House :: decentralized mobile homeless solutions