[squeak-dev] Squeak Oversight Board Election 2023

Jakob Reschke jakres+squeak at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 22:28:26 UTC 2023

Hello everyone,

I volunteer to be a member of the next board as well.

Having been there for the current term has been a nice experience. We have
heard some interesting stories, everybody was friendly and I hope that I
have been agreeable company too. One incidental bonus for me personally is
that whenever I read an email from the others, whom I had not already met
before, now I can well imagine them speaking the message out aloud, voice
and face. (-:

Alas my prediction from last year's candidacy remained largely true in that
I have not been a really active board member, and have not even done very
much in Squeak over the past year. But at least whenever someone asked me
to take something to the board meeting, I did that, and I gave a demo of
the Git Browser and answered questions about it during one meeting. Right
now I have no indication that my Squeak activity is going to surge in the
next twelve months, so I will not present an agenda. I like Smalltalk and
Squeak, and I believe it deserves a fully staffed board.

While I am not quite there to ask for candidates to be younger than me, I
would be very glad if some people who are more active and invested than me
would throw their hat in the ring and run for the board! Of course, I don't
mean to say that you should meet certain KPIs ;-) It is enough if you
simply have fun with Squeak.

Kind regards,
Jakob