[squeak-dev] PNGReadWriter buglet

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Sun Feb 26 19:52:12 UTC 2023

Confirming on 64 bit Intel linux with the zipped file.

I see the bug on Squeak 6 with opensmalltalk-vm and the same with
an up to date interpreter VM on trunk level V3 image.

With the same interpreter VM, I do not see the bug on Squeak 3.6,
3.8, 3.9, or 4.5. But with Squeak 4.6 the bug is present.

I get the same results with a Cog VM comparing 4.5 to 4.6.

So it looks like something in the image (not VM or plugins), and
it seems to have appeared some time between the Squeak 4.5 and
Squeak 4.6 releases.

Dave