[squeak-dev] Replacing or enhancing or supplementing Morphic (was: How do I "sleep 5"?)

rabbit rabbit at callistohouse.org
Tue Feb 28 21:02:50 UTC 2023

Hi. I’d humbly suggest…

On Tue, Feb 28, 2023 at 15:36, Stephen Travis Pope <stephen at heaveneverywhere.com> wrote

> 3: the thread-unsafe nature of Morphic, and

Load ‘ESqueak.release.1’ and make the UI thread run in a Vat. Use eventual sending, not with math, but MVC component level.

> 4: Morphic isn’t MVC and doesn’t use the dependency mechanism for updating, leading to poor scalability and multiple viewing.

I could easily add these for dependencies to be thread safe.

-  Object>>#ewhen: anEventSelector send: aMessageSelector to: anObject
self when: anEventSelector evaluate: (EventualMessageSend receiver: anObject selector: aMessageSelector)

-  Object>>#ewhen: anEventSelector send: aMessageSelector to: anObject with: anArg
self when: anEventSelector evaluate: (EventualMessageSend receiver: anObject selector: aMessageSelector argument: anArg)
-  Object>>#ewhen: anEventSelector send: aMessageSelector to: anObject withArguments: anArgArray
self when: anEventSelector evaluate: (EventualMessageSend receiver: anObject selector: aMessageSelector arguments: anArgArray)
Cheers!

—
Have a good one; keep it, light.
Kindly, rabbit . .. … ‘…^,^ 🐇🐇🐇

Sent from Callisto House mobile - Ganymede
• decentralized mobile homeless solutions