[Squeak-e] om?

Alan Grimes alangrimes at starpower.net
Fri Jan 30 07:21:32 CET 2004

I don't remember reciving any trafick from this list....

I was reminded of the list by Brian Rice in IRC...

When looking at this URL:
http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-e/2003-February/000027.html

I was struck by the fact that this is ALMOST EXACTLY MY IDEA!!!! =P

See paper at: http://users.rcn.com/alangrimes/UCE/sphere.txt

Which is 2 years older....

SO WHERE THE HECK HAVE YOU PPL BEEN HIDING DURING THE 2 YEARS BETWEEN
WHEN I PUBLISHED MY ARTICLE AND THIS E-MAIL POSTING?  =P

Anyway, lets get to work now...

I reciently discovered Environment, what a brilliant class....

Prior to this discovery I wrote base and interface classes for my Sphere
design... however I am extremely impressed by many of the design
features of Environment.

I was feebly trying to hack togeather a system that would allow me to
visualize the graphical structure of the system........... =\

I later abandoned the graph concept for the sake of expediancy and have
been futzing with the base security model, isolating the subtrees ( in
the terminology of the e-mail reffered to above)... The only problem
with this is that there are times when you WANT to violate the heirarchy
of the system by putting a refferance to the root (or a peer)
environment in some nested environment. This is necessary to support a
"root shell" type thingy....

All these problems will be VERY whackable if everyone on this list will
just spill what they know and start solving this stuff.