English summary was: Re: [Squeak-ev] Organisatorischer Rahmen: Enger oder weiter?

Hannes Hirzel hirzel at spw.unizh.ch
Don Mar 21 09:33:28 UTC 2002

On Wed, 20 Mar 2002, ducasse wrote:
> > The question is how to integrate the people from countries without
> > a local organisation? Do we need an EU-based organsiation for that?
> > Or could they join one of the other local organisations?
> >
> > Don't know... any other ideas?
> >
> > Marcus

There is no objection in Swiss law that Non-Swiss and Non-Resident cannot
be part of a Swiss association.

So my suggestion would be that we invite everybody from other countries
(including for example as well Argentina) to join the Swiss association as
long as there is a need. This means as long as there are not yet enough
members to found a country specific association.

Of course the benefits will be somewhat lower as it is not possible or
more costly to attend the meetings. But with telecooperating, web-sites
even perhaps doing a presentation over the internet with Nebraska and
voice over the phone lines there could be some possibility to include the
non-residents.

The language of communication (oral and written) will be English for the
Swiss association for the most part. Actually that is what happened last
Saturday. (We had French, German and Spanish speaking attendees)

Hannes Hirzel