[Squeak-ev] Re: SAR package for 3.6 beta

Yoshiki Ohshima Yoshiki.Ohshima at acm.org
Fre Aug 8 15:52:06 UTC 2003

  Diego,

> Installing the new jar in an empty 3.6b image I got some warning on the
> Transcript.  I put them in: http://squeaklet.com:8080/m17n/3
>
> Some of them looks like packages I need in the Image before installing
> (HtmlEntity, TestInterpreterPlugin and VRMLClassNode).

  Ah, no.  You don't have to install anything.  Many stuff in the
package are from old day when the image is bigger.  I should just
remove the methods for removed classes.

> Q: The .jar install a .dll file, is this file required? Can the m17n stuff
> work in other OS but windows?

  No.  It is not required.  It is for convenience to locate the
"composition" window of Windows when you input the Japanese text.

> PS: We need our (our=translators) mail-list.

  Hmm.  I wonder if Squeak-dev might be enough.  The problem is we
don't know who will be interested in this project.  Bigger exposure
may be a good thing.

-- Yoshiki