[Squeak-ev] Small-Land-Squeak auf deutsch

Marcus Denker marcus at ira.uka.de
Mon Nov 17 10:57:46 UTC 2003

Am 16.11.2003 um 12:18 schrieb Marcus Denker:

> Das beste waere, wenn die (auch erst halb-fertige) Uebersetzung schon
> fuer 3.7a verfuegbar waere... mit dem Hintergedanken, dass dann
> vielleicht
> einige Leute die Uebersetzung testen koennten. Ich habe mal auf der
> squeak-dev Liste gefragt, was bzgl. babel die Planung ist. Ich melde
> mich mit den Erbebnissen...

Ok, Diego hat geantwortet:

> What's the next step now?

  - Make the image *full* translatable.  In Small-Land we focus on users
  and not on deep-squeakers so the Class Browser, the ChangeSorters, the
  Inspector/Explorer, etc are not translatable yet.

   - Make the external packages translatable.  SqueakMap is one of these.
   Celeste, Scamper, The Games, etc also.

  - Refactor eToys vocabulary to use babel and remove the current/old
  schema.  Doing this Squeak will be fully translatable by
  non-programmers.

  - I'm planning to create the needed Language subclass from the
  LanguageEditor (In the same line than before: Translating Squeak has to
  be a posible for non-programmers).

  - We're also working in an exporter/importer of .po/.pot (the gettext
  format).  The idea is to use the existing translation tools (like
  KBabel, etc).  There are also some web-based tools based on .po files
  with the goal of making the translation a team-job.

  - Include m17n. Languages with characters not covered by MacRoman needs
  this.

> So: What would somebody need to do to contribute? we need a *good*
> tutorial that describes the process step-by-step.

  We (small-land) wrote something that can be considered the starting
  point.  See it at: http://swiki.agro.uba.ar/small_land/191

Der  "Language Editor" des Small-Land Squeak ist fuer Squeak3.7a jetzt
auch
per SqueakMap verfuegbar.

So.... was nun? Wir sollten vielleicht ein Image, basierend auf 3.7a
haben, das alles
enthaelt, was man braucht (also language Editor, Die Uebersetzungen,
usw...).

      Marcus

Marcus Denker marcus at ira.uka.de