[Squeak-ev] 22C3...

Marcus Denker denker at iam.unibe.ch
Mit Nov 23 15:57:39 UTC 2005

On 22.11.2005, at 21:17, Enrico Schwass wrote:

> Ich hoffe ich kann den Seaside-Vortrag sehen. Rails habe ich mir vor
> kurzem angeschaut und bin begeistert. Seaside soll aehnliches leisten.
> Ich bin gespannt.

Jemand hatte gerade auf nem Blog einen Kommentar bzgl. Rails vs.
Seaside:

"
I’ve been playing with Avi Bryant’s continuation-based web framework
Seaside, which is written in Smalltalk. Wow. That’s all I can say.
After some recent work with Rails, I had come to admire the
cleanliness of the framework—even if, on occasion, I had some complaints
about short-cuts taken that need not be necessary. Compared to
Seaside, Rails seems to me to be a jalopy.
Don’t get me wrong, it’s a seriously pimped out jalopy, but the easy
with which one can build interactivity and modify it on the
fly with Seaside is mind-blowing.
NB: Don’t take this as a slam of Rails, as it’s not. Rails is
brilliant—for what it is. It takes the historical model of page
interaction and data
storage to new heights of simplicity. It doesn’t, however, change how
you view the web. Seaside does. Whether you use it for your next
project, or not, it’s worth looking at, going through the tutorials,
and allowing your mind to conceive of a web that simply behaves more
naturally.
"

http://blog.amber.org/2005/11/23/she-sells-seashells-by-the-seaside/

Mit Seaside hat Avi was interessantes gebaut: http://dabbledb.com/