[Squeak-fr] integrer Squeak dans Freeduc-cd

hilaire hilaire at ext.cri74.org
Lun 16 Aou 05:07:07 CEST 2004

Quoting Serge Stinckwich <Serge.Stinckwich at info.unicaen.fr>:

> Yes, we need to package Squeak with free fonts only.
> Squeak supports
> TTF.

Is it a difficult process?
are there identified font seen as good replacement
or should we just pick some by ourselves?

> > - la restriction de redistribution au pays 'Enemis'.
> L`a je
> > pense que nous ne pouvons rien faire. Mais apr`es
> tout, ce sont
> > aux FAI de restreintre le transport vers ces pays
> 'Enemis' pas
> > `a nous. Enfin c'est pas g'enial, mais on n'a pas trop
> le choix.
>
> It's a much difficult problem that need a licence
> change. What is the
> licence policy of freeduc ?

In the previous version of Freeduc we accepted the request from
Richard Stallman and other at FSFE to remove non-free
software as JAVA or alike tool, or even software to
install non-free software as flash player.
However Squeak, even if there is a restriction in it
redistribution (and it appears to be a kind of accident of the
history) is not to be compared with the other ones.
Personnally I think it is acceptable to include it in
Freeduc

Thanks

Hilaire