[Squeak-fr] Re: French translation based on Language Editor

Hilaire Fernandes cddp40.tice at ac-bordeaux.fr
Lun 25 Oct 16:46:35 CEST 2004

Hello Diego,

We (squeak-fr@) have an updated French.po at
http://www.ofset.org/~hilaire/French.po
I know some of the msgid are wrong. These msgid were extracted by a
third party and my knowledge of Squeak does not allow me to figure out
yet what's wong in the extraction process.

However, I try to import this French.po in the Squeak 3.7. However the
gettext import does not work with my 3.7 image. Is it a known problem or
only a problem of myself.

In the meantime, I found that importing the French.po in Small-land 3.5,
then exporting as a French.translation was working. Indeed, the import
of French.translation is working with Squeak image 3.7, ouf!

However I noted that the original French.po and French.translation do
have different weigth. The first one weigth 790kB and the second 230kB.
Oops, quite different, not sure what is lost in the meantime.

Hilaire

--
CDDP des Landes
Ingénierie Éducative