[BUG][BFAV][m17n]Attachments download ( Colin would you check this out? )

tomkoeing at mindspring.com tomkoeing at mindspring.com
Fri Aug 6 22:56:22 CEST 2004

Colin, would you have time to take a look at this?  What follows is an
extract of the conversation to date showing the possible connection to
HC HTTPClient Tom
[BUG][BFAV][m17n]Attachments download
Karl Ramberg 30 July 2004 Attachments downloaded with BAFV when m17n is
installed are corrupted.

Frank Shearar  3 August 2004 I suspect unzipping of the attachment
within the Squeak image corrupts the stream. I think you can verify this
if you check the attachment on the file system. If that contains a
corrupted attachement then I think we can say that BFAV corrupted the
attachment. ...

Karl Ramberg 3 August 2004 [At the point where: BFAVstores the
attachments as-is when you download the post ] is where it get's
corrupted. I can replace the gz file with a valid
and it will open in a ChangeList browser or what ever I specify.
I noticed MailUtility  uses CrLfFileStream when it downloads files.
[I dont think these files contain non-gzip data]

Karl Ramberg  4 August 2004Comments: I think one can add that the
SWHTTPClient package could be the culpit of this bug.