[FIX] isKindOfbyIsClass-asm ( [cd][er][et] Recommend including attached, revised changeset )

tomkoenig at mindspring.com tomkoenig at mindspring.com
Mon Feb 2 00:55:42 CET 2004

Alejandro's changeset modifies 55 classes and 74 methods, if I count
correctly.
I inspected all of the methods in the cs.  I found three that had had
subsequent updates, meaning that Alejandro's cs would
regress changes already in the image.  For these, I reverted the method
and reapplied his change.  The attached
changeset has the follow methods updated from the orignal cs:
  Browser >>  defineClass:notifying:  	[regressed changes; merged
changes back in to prior verion.]
  TextURL >> actOnClickFor:               [regressed Diego's change so I
reverted and then reapplied change]
  TheWorldMenu >> fillIn:from:            [regressed Diego's change so I
reverted and then reapplied change]

I also noticed that Alejandro's cs adds one method and that it is
described as depreciated:
  SystemDictionary  browseObsoleteReferences
I left it in, since there were suprisingly two references to it.
I then create, execute and verify tests for all but one of the 74
methods, using a fresh image of 3.7a #5657.
All test that I created passed successfully but I was not able to create
a working test for one method:
  ImageSegment >> writeForExportWithSourcesGZ:inDirectory:
This appears to have everthing to do with my newbie-osity and nothing to
do with the cs.
I therefore recommend that we include the (modified) changeset in our
image
Tom

The list of tests conducted follows

Behavior >> literalScannedAs:notifying:  tested using examples in method
Form literalScannedAs: 14 notifying: nil
Form literalScannedAs: #OneBitForm notifying: nil
Form literalScannedAs: ##OneBitForm notifying: nil
Form literalScannedAs: ##Form notifying: nil
Form literalScannedAs: ###Form notifying: nil

BitBlt >> paintBit pixelAt:put:
BitBlt benchmark3  [ showed no difference to speak of]    used examples

Browser >>  defineClass:notifying:  	[regressed changes & merged changes
back in to prior verion.]

CRDictionary class >> initialize
(CRDictionaryBrowser dictionary: (CRDictionary new update: {BlobMorph
new . #blob}) )objectToString:  1

CanvasEncoder nameForCode: 'A'
CanvasEncoder nameForCode: $A

ChangeSet tested by adding class method, removing from changeset

Class tested using DeepCopier new checkVariables.

ClassBuilder testing creating and deleting classes

ClassDescription tested by changing class

Collection>>includesSubstringAnywhere: example

Color class >> colorFrom: example

MethodFinder new noteDangerous this tests FlashBoundaryShape>>compress
FlashBoundaryShape new decompress
FlashBoundaryShape new compress [this fails but not before testing
change]

GenericPropertiesMorph tested using TextPropertiesMorph initialize

HTTPClient class >> httpGet:  used several of the examples

HTTPLoader >> retrieveObjectsFor: used several of the examples

HTTPSocket httpGet:  'www.altavista.digital.com/'
 args: ' '  accept: nil request: ' '
HTTPSocket httpGetNoError: 'www.altavista.digital.com/'args: ' ' accept:
nil
HTTPSocket httpPost: 'www.altavista.digital.com/'args: ' ' accept: nil

(HttpUrl absoluteFromText: 'www.altavista.digital.com/')
retrieveContentsAccept: nil
(HttpUrl absoluteFromText: 'www.altavista.digital.com/')
checkAuthorization: nil retry: nil

(ImageSegment new copyFromRoots: {Smalltalk} sizeHint: 500 areUnique:
true)
 writeForExportWithSources: 'test1.extSeg'  inDirectory: FileDirectory
default ; verifyCopy
(ImageSegment new copyFromRoots: {Smalltalk} sizeHint: 500 areUnique:
true)
 writeForExportWithSources: 'test1.extSeg'  inDirectory: FileDirectory
default
(ImageSegment new copyFromRoots: {Smalltalk} sizeHint: 500 areUnique:
true)
 writeForExportWithSources: 'test3.extSeg'  inDirectory: FileDirectory
default  changeSet: nil
ImageSegment >> writeForExportWithSourcesGZ:inDirectory:
[***didn't get a working test]

(InfiniteForm with: (Form extent: 40 at 40)) displayOn: Display at: 10 at 10
  clippingBox: (Rectangle center: 5 at 5 extent:  15 at 15) rule: 1 fillColor:
Color red.
(InfiniteForm with: (Form extent: 40 at 40)) displayOnPort: (SerialPort new
initialize) at: 10 at 10
[this fails but not before testing changed logic]
(InfiniteForm with: (Form extent: 40 at 40)) displayOnPort: (SerialPort new
initialize) offsetBy: 10 at 10
[this fails but not before testing changed logic]

(Inspector inspect: 1) copyName
(Inspector inspect: #('a' 'b')) copyName

Object readFrom: (Rectangle center: 25 at 25 extent:  15 at 15)  asString
Object readCarefullyFrom: (Rectangle center: 25 at 25 extent:  15 at 15)
asString  [this fails but not before successfully testing changed code]
a _ ReadWriteStream on: ''.
(Rectangle center: 25 at 25 extent:  15 at 15)  storeOn: a.
Object readCarefullyFrom: a [this fails but not before successfully
testing changed code]

PackageInfo new externalCallers

(ParagraphEditor newParagraph: (Paragraph withText: (Text fromString:
'abcdefg'))) explain

PhraseTileMorph new vocabulary: Vocabulary newFullVocabulary
PhraseTileMorph new vocabulary: #S

Player new slotInfoAt: nil

PluggableButtonView example [ran test in MVC project]

(PluggableCollectionMorph collection: #('a' 'b' 'c')) getCollection

(PluggableListView on: (#('1' '2' '3') asOrderedCollection)
  list: #contents selected: #first changeSelected: #at:put:)
verifyContents

PluginHTTPRequest >> contentStream

PopUpMenu withCaption: 'MeNu' chooseFrom: 'one two three'

PostscriptCanvas new stroke: Color red [this fails but not before
successfully testing changed code]
PostscriptCanvas new stroke: #red [this fails but not before
successfully testing changed code]

Preference new name: 'aName' defaultValue: 'aValue' helpString:
'aString' localToProject: true categoryList:  nil
  changeInformee: #informee changeSelector:  #aChangeSelector    [this
fails but not before successfully testing changed code]
Preference new name: 'aName' defaultValue: 'aValue' helpString:
'aString' localToProject: true categoryList:  nil
  changeInformee: 'informee' changeSelector:  #aChangeSelector

(Project named: 'Toy') findProjectView: 'Unnamed7'

ProjectLoading bestAccessToFileName: 'a.prj' andDirectory: FileDirectory
default

PseudoClass new name: 'Object'; exists
PseudoClass new name: 'Display'; exists

ResourceManager new initialize; loadCachedResources
(ResourceManager new initializeFrom: (ResourceCollector new initialize))
loadCachedResources
(ResourceManager new initializeFrom: (ResourceCollector new initialize))
loaderProcess  [I forced stopFlag to false in initialize in order to get
this to run,
 and then removed test code.]

(Scanner new scan: (ReadStream on: '#at  1')) nextLiteral
(Scanner new scan: (ReadStream on: '#at  1')) nextLiteral; nextLiteral

SelectionMenu labels: 'a b c d' lines: #(- -)
SelectionMenu labels: #(a b c d) lines: #(- -)

SequenceableCollection
#('a' b ) asStringWithCr
#('a' b ) copyReplaceAll: 'a' with: 'x' asTokens: false
'a b'   copyReplaceAll: 'a' with: 'x' asTokens: false

(ServerDirectory on: 'C:\') groupName: 'name';groupName
(ServerDirectory on: 'C:\') putFile: (ReadStream on: 'a') named: 'test'
retry: true

Symbol intern: #x

SystemDictionary  browseObsoleteReferences  [this is an added method
but I kept it since there were still two references to it]
Smalltalk obsoleteMethodReferences  [interstingly enough found 76 such