[ENH] beginsEndsWith-bp

frank.shearar at rnid.org.uk frank.shearar at rnid.org.uk
Tue Feb 24 12:00:43 CET 2004

> Ok, perhaps my advice was slightly dubious - the code turned out to be a
> bit hard to read IMHO because the parameter name got so long. But
> perhaps you can simply format it a bit different.

It was only when I saw the result that I realised I maybe shouldn't
have suggested the same.

> Most importantly - add some proper method comments!

Thing is, we have an Intension Revealing Selector name, we have a
parameter suggesting what types may be safely used...

A method comment would be about as useful as
ArrayedCollection>>size's:
'Answer how many elements the receiver contains.'

Of course, if the parameter name was prefix (which suggests its role
nicely), then we'd want a method comment.

Sorry Bernhard for my giving-the-run-around advice!

> I will not approve code into the Collection hierarchy that doesn't have
> proper short-and-to-the-point method comments. :-)

Even if the method (for example - not necessarily the code in
question) is two lines long and self-explanatory, with a good name and
good parameter names?

frank

<This post brought to you by BFAV2>