[ENH] FastSocketStream-gk ( [closed] No Attachement, Please see Detail Comments. )

goran at krampe.se goran at krampe.se
Mon Aug 22 09:55:01 CEST 2005

Hi guys!

(note: use goran at krampe.se, the bluefish-address might not work)

milan.zimmermann at sympatico.ca wrote:
> When moving items from BFAV to Mantis, this item appeared to be a
> discussion fragment without an attachement on BFAV. I did go back to
> squeak-dev mailing list and found an attachement there (2005-02-10
> 11:04). However, from a NOTE in the preamble, I think the changeset was
> not intended to be "included":
>
> "NOTE that this changeset is not posted for inclusion as is - instead it
> is posted so that people can test it. If you have code using
> SocketStream - instead drop this class in and report any problems."!

Right, the .cs (and it is available on SM) contains a class called
FastSocketStream so the .cs doesn't replace SocketStream with a new
implementation.

I did notice that Markus (I have a faint recollection of reading an
email or something) felt we should go with FSS in 3.9 (and I agree) but
that would need a different .cs that replaces SocketStream and perhaps
(?) renames it to OldSocketStream, not sure.

> As a result, I have not moved this item to Mantis. If this was intended
> to be a bug report, or an enhancement with an attachement, this report
> should be resubmitted on the Mantis database at
>
> http://bugs.impara.de/

I will resubmit it as an ENH.

regards, Göran