[FIX] EvenMoreDepFixes-nk ( [cd][er][su][et][sm] Recommend including. )

tomkoenig at mindspring.com tomkoenig at mindspring.com
Sun Feb 27 04:32:41 CET 2005

This is good stuff and I recommmend including it in 3.9a.  I inspected
and tested this with 3.9a #6550.  Ned's CS replaces 16 messages in 13
methods in 9 classes. It eliminating uses of:
Object beep 2
Utilities evaluate:in:to: 1
Smalltalk pointersTo:except:  6
Smalltalk obsoleteBehaviors  5
SmalltalkImage  endianness  2
All of which are infact depreciated
2 of the 9 classes changed have sunit tests and I ran those.  Tested all
but one method change manually (and that one was trivially different
from other changes tested) Here's the manual testing done:
Debugger  .... self halt  ....open inspecter on model .... self
returnValue and get beep  asExpected
(ImageSegment new copyFromRootsForExport: (Array with: PatchArchive
with: PatchArchive class))
		writeForExport: 'PatchArchive.extSeg'. ...inspect.... self
findRogueRootsAllMorphs: self arrayOfRoots and get a
self halt: 'Examine local variables pointIn and inSeg'. asExpected
and likewise with self findRogueRootsRefStrm: self arrayOfRoots
JoystickMorph new openInWorld; chooseJoystickNumber .... enter 0 and
accept and get beep  asExpected
ProcessBrowser open ....open inspecter on model .... self
inspectPointers nnd SystemNavigation default obsoleteBehaviors shows two
classes...so...
ReleaseBuilder new makeSqueaklandReleasePhaseCleanup
and  get self error: 'Still have obsolete behaviors' asExpected
and after going back to my backed up image I continue
ShortRunArray startUpFrom: (ImageSegment new copyFromRootsForExport:
(Array with: PatchArchive with: PatchArchive class)) gives me a nil
asExpected
SmalltalkImage current fixObsoleteReferences gives me the same 2 class
as above and asExpected
tried SmalltalkImage current prepareReleaseImage but couldnt get to the
changed code  but see SystemNavigation.which tests verymuch the same
kind of change
SoundBuffer startUpFrom: (ImageSegment new copyFromRootsForExport:
(Array with: PatchArchive with: PatchArchive class)) gives me a nil
asExpected
SystemNavigation default obsoleteMethodReferences as expected gives an
emptyset
SystemNavigation default browseObsoleteMethodReferences as expected give
message that no such references are found
SystemNavigation default browseAllObjectReferencesTo: PatchArchive
except: {PatchArchiveClient} ifNone: [] returns an array asExpected