[SqueakDBX] Re: SqueakDBX, Glorp and GlorpDBX loads easily in Pharo

Mariano Martinez Peck marianopeck at gmail.com
Wed Aug 19 13:10:33 UTC 2009

On Wed, Aug 19, 2009 at 9:12 AM, Simon <simon.kirk at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Mariano.
>
> That's very cool! Congratulations.

Thanks!!!

> A quick question: Does this mean GlorpDBX is ready for MySQL? Or does
> it still only work with PostgreSQL?

As you may know, Glorp has a Platform class for each database. They are most
incomplete (as there weren't drivers) and thus this is what we are doing
right now. Now, GlorpDBX only works with PostgreSQL and Oracle. But it's a
matter of implementing those Platforms.

However, we have problems with OpenDBX and MySQL on Windows :(

Finally, if you want, with our refactor, you can create a Glorp Driver
(Subclass of DatabaseDriver) for the native MySQL driver and should work
perfect.

Cheers,

Mariano