[SqueakDBX] Problem with Czech characters

Mariano Martinez Peck marianopeck at gmail.com
Mon Jul 20 12:48:10 UTC 2009

On Mon, Jul 20, 2009 at 8:50 AM, Michal Perutka <michal.perutka at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have solved my problem - I installed full Oracle Client (with Czech
> language support :), unzipping Oracle Instant Client simply wasn't enough.

Michal: I am glad you solved the problem :)

> *"Did you have any problem?"
> *
> Yes, I had troubles with building OpenDBX from source (with MinGW and MSYS)
> - I couldn't get liboraclebackend-1.dll (and still can't - only
> libopendbx-1.dll and libopendbxplus-1.dll).

I am interesting to know which is the real problem. I mean, a lot of people
want to use dll directly as you finally did but I want to identify the
problems when compiling.

If you read this link: http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/6129   and this:
http://www.assembla.com/spaces/Proyecto-Proyecto/documents/cW1J8Mx40r3Rq-eJe5afGb/download/openDBXtutorial_v2.0.pdf

you will se that in the pdf I describe all the things I did to compile
Oracle. If you have a couple of minutes, could you try it?

If it doesn't work, can you tell which was the problem? For what you said I
imagined you could do ./configure, make and make install but the
liboraclebackend-1.dll wasn't generated.
If this is the case, send us the output of ./configure, make and make
install.

Thanks!

Mariano