[SqueakDBX] ODBC in Windows

Mariano Martinez Peck marianopeck at gmail.com
Sun Nov 22 19:51:50 UTC 2009

Hi Stefan Kapusniak!

First of all thanks for all your test and analysis you have been doing
related to
http://bugs.linuxnetworks.de/index.php?do=details&id=24&area=comments#tabs

It is much more than what I could do. Regarding your question of
SQL_ASYNC_ENABLE_OF, yes, you are right, it means that the calls are going
to block for the
duration each query :(     However, this is exactly the same case with the
native ODBC driver for Squeak, isn't it?

Anyway, do you have a reason of using ODBC ? SqueakDBX and OpenDBX should be
used with ODBC when you are using an unsupported database, but squeakdbx and
opendbx do support mssql. So, why don't you use that instead of ODBC? It
would be MUCH better. Sorry, I really don't like ODBC at all hahaha

Cheers,

Mariano