[SqueakDBX] MS SQL Server Backend in Windows (working but some problems)

Stefan Kapusniak mlist at yclept.clara.co.uk
Fri Nov 27 10:52:33 UTC 2009

On Thu, 26 Nov 2009 22:10:50 -0300, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:

> One question: if you put some data wrong, as you said. For example,
> non existent user or something similar, the connect and open
> message does not return error ??? I mean....if you are able to send
> a query is because those messages where successful.
> Am I correct?

Yes, I don't get any sort of error at least from the Smalltalk code. The
OpenDBX backend code *looks* like it's raising an error however.

I'm not sure whether the actual problem is OpenDBX not raising the
error properly or SqueakDBX not detecting it correctly. Getting OpenDBX
to set the errtype in it's connection structure does make the Smalltalk
side see the error.

> If this is the case, I will ask Norbert, because we should receive
> an error in that case.

...see my other mail with a patch to OpendDBX that sets the errtype :)

-- Stefan