[SqueakDBX] Running the tests on Squeak 3.8.2 and MySQL 4

Herbert König herbertkoenig at gmx.net
Thu Oct 8 14:04:30 UTC 2009

Hi Mariano,

I bring this back to the dbx list, so other people using my vintage
setting can benefit from it. Let's continue there.

Following your suggestion I tried to run all tests. I got me
OpenDBX-Core-MarianoMartinezPeck.235.mcz as you suggested in private
mail.

In 3.8.2 UIManager does not exist. So (see debugger.png) I can't select the
backend. I can easily circumvent this by manually setting DBXBaseTest>>facility:

Question is: Do you want a solution that also works on 3.8? Then I can
try to change FacilityTestResource>>setUp.

Here we have two possible ways:
-All versions use ChooserMorph (I don't recommend this, ChooserMorph
might get deprecated some time).
-I do some ugly checking of SytemVersion current and based on this
either use your code or ChooserMorph.

After setting

DBXBaseTest facility: DBXMySQL4Facility facilityForTest

I end up with a missing libpq.dll (MissingDLL.png). Google says
libpq.dll is from postgres.

I hope if we resolve this the information following will be
unnecessary but it might contain some clues for you.

So:
Recovering from that I have to Alt dot to get a debugger.

What makes me wary is that the debugger is in
DBXMySQLPlatform>>openConnection (not ..MySQL4...) and the settings
have the wrong user "sodbxtest" as you can see in the Explorer in
World.png.

While the Transcript.png shows "Acess denied for user: software_user"
which is the user I hard coded into the method.

I verified that software_user with the password I hard coded can
create and populate a table in database sodbxtest. Same problems when
I hardcode the mysql administrator account.

Cheers,

Herbert                          mailto:herbertkoenig at gmx.net