[SqueakDBX] Re: Re[2]: Running the tests on Squeak 3.8.2 and MySQL 4

Herbert König herbertkoenig at gmx.net
Thu Oct 8 18:37:40 UTC 2009

Hi,

full stack 3.10.2 at the end of this post.

MMP> And, an 3.8 image (vm, changes, sources, image) with
MMP> squeakdbx so that I can just test it?  Or at least upload it
MMP> somewhere I can get it.

I think it's a problem with the tests and MySql 4 and not of Squeak
3.8. I tried with 3.10.2 and got the same problem (with few
differences). And the same success in retrieving my 11000 rows from an
existing database.

To make it simpler we should use a common base as far as possible. And
you will be as unhappy in 3.8 as I'm in 3.10.2. Plus my 3.8 image
contains a lot of customer data and code (it's about 100MB so it's
easier to first do 3.10.2). If you have a windows machine available I
can give you VNC like access to my machine with an image you choose.

Am I right in that you have no Mysql4?

This is what I did:
-I started Squeak 3.10.2,
-installed FFI from universes (the latest FFI does not load in 3.10.2)
-installed OpenDBX-Core-MarianoMartinezPeck.235.mcz,
-hard coded my database connection into DBXMySQL4Facility>>createConnection
-in a workspace did DBXBaseTest facility: DBXMySQL4Facility facilityForTest
ran the tests.

and (without the messages in the Transcript) ended up in the missing
postgres dll. Only much later.

So I suggest we sort this out in 3.10.2. I can also try Pharo if
that's what you use.

Maybe you should tell me which FFI version to use. Universes loads
FFI-Kernel-ar.8, FFI-tests-ar.2 and FFI-examples-ar.1.

But in 3.10.2 the connection has the wrong data (unlike in 3.8.2). In
the png you see the browser with the changed method, the fact that we
got two connections and the connections with the wrong settings.

MMP> But there is somethign I don't understand. In your
MMP> screenshots, you use a user something like "software<-user" ...
MMP> what is that narrow ???
MMP> Then, in the transcript I see "software_user@%"
MMP> why is this difference?

it has to do with shout package. A workspace displays it with an
underscore while a shout workspace displays it with the old Squeak
assignment operator. So do Browsers.

But I get all these problems with a user and password only using
letters.

Thanks,

Herbert                            mailto:herbertkoenig at gmx.net

Full stack:
SmallInteger(Object)>>halt
DBXMySQL4Platform(DBXPlatform)>>openConnection:
[] in DBXConnection>>open {[self platform openConnection: self]}
BlockContext>>on:do:
DBXConnection>>open
DBXSecuenceTest(DBXBaseTest)>>doConnectAndOpen
DBXSecuenceTest(DBXBaseTest)>>setUp
[] in DBXSecuenceTest(TestCase)>>runCase {[self setUp.  self performTest]}
BlockContext>>ensure:
DBXSecuenceTest(TestCase)>>runCase
[] in TestResult>>runCase: {[aTestCase runCase]}
BlockContext>>on:do:
[] in TestResult>>runCase: {[[aTestCase runCase]   on: self class failure   do: [:signal |     failures ...]}
BlockContext>>on:do:
TestResult>>runCase:
DBXSecuenceTest(TestCase)>>run:
TestRunner>>runTest:
[] in TestRunner>>runSuite: {[:each | self runTest: each]}
[] in OrderedCollection(SequenceableCollection)>>do:displayingProgress: {[:each :i |  bar value: i.  aBlock value: each]}
OrderedCollection(SequenceableCollection)>>withIndexDo:
[] in OrderedCollection(SequenceableCollection)>>do:displayingProgress: {[:bar | self   withIndexDo: [:each :i |     bar value: i.    aBlock value: e...]}
[] in ProgressInitiationException>>defaultMorphicAction {[result := workBlock value: progress]}
BlockContext>>ensure:
ProgressInitiationException>>defaultMorphicAction
ProgressInitiationException>>defaultAction
UndefinedObject>>handleSignal:
MethodContext(ContextPart)>>handleSignal:
ProgressInitiationException(Exception)>>signal
ProgressInitiationException>>display:at:from:to:during:
ProgressInitiationException class>>display:at:from:to:during:
ByteString(String)>>displayProgressAt:from:to:during:
OrderedCollection(SequenceableCollection)>>do:displayingProgress:
[] in TestRunner>>basicRunSuite:do: {[aTestSuite name isEmptyOrNil   ifTrue: [aTestSuite tests do: aBlock]   ifFa...]}
BlockContext>>ensure:
TestRunner>>basicRunSuite:do:
TestRunner>>runSuite:
TestRunner>>runAll
PluggableButtonMorphPlus(PluggableButtonMorph)>>performAction
PluggableButtonMorphPlus>>performAction
[] in PluggableButtonMorphPlus(PluggableButtonMorph)>>mouseUp: {[:m | (m containsPoint: evt cursorPoint)   ifTrue: [m performAction]]}
Array(SequenceableCollection)>>do:
PluggableButtonMorphPlus(PluggableButtonMorph)>>mouseUp:
PluggableButtonMorphPlus>>mouseUp:
PluggableButtonMorphPlus(Morph)>>handleMouseUp:
MouseButtonEvent>>sentTo:
PluggableButtonMorphPlus(Morph)>>handleEvent:
PluggableButtonMorphPlus(Morph)>>handleFocusEvent:
[] in HandMorph>>sendFocusEvent:to:clear: {[ActiveHand := self.  ActiveEvent := anEvent.  result := focusHolder     han...]}
[] in PasteUpMorph>>becomeActiveDuring: {[aBlock value]}
BlockContext>>on:do:
PasteUpMorph>>becomeActiveDuring:
HandMorph>>sendFocusEvent:to:clear:
HandMorph>>sendEvent:focus:clear:
HandMorph>>sendMouseEvent:
HandMorph>>handleEvent:
HandMorph>>processEvents
[] in WorldState>>doOneCycleNowFor: {[:h |  ActiveHand := h.  h processEvents.  capturingGesture := capturingGest...]}
Array(SequenceableCollection)>>do:
WorldState>>handsDo:
WorldState>>doOneCycleNowFor:
WorldState>>doOneCycleFor:
PasteUpMorph>>doOneCycle
[] in Project class>>spawnNewProcess {[[World doOneCycle.  Processor yield.  false] whileFalse.  nil]}
[] in BlockContext>>newProcess {[self value.  Processor terminateActive]}