[SqueakDBX] Re: Running the tests on Squeak 3.8.2 and MySQL 4 more guidance needed.

Mariano Martinez Peck marianopeck at gmail.com
Fri Oct 9 19:37:04 UTC 2009

2009/10/9 Herbert König <herbertkoenig at gmx.net>

> Hi,
>
> 87 green seem to be the limit of what I can achieve without big
> special cases in 3.8.2.

Excellent news.

> If I activate DBXResetTestBackend, subsequent tests will fail because
> the next tests setUp will use UIManager to ask for a new Backend. This
> fails due to a lack of UIManager in 3.8.2
>
> So the PNG only says 86 passed.

Ok...now I see the problem: do cannot see the packages in that Test Runner.
Please, take an 3.10.2 image or pharo and see the Test Runner with
SqueakDBX. There you can see the packages.

> The top three deselected are the tests assuming multiple backends
> which I don't have.

Exactly. That's why they are in a separate package, but you don't see
packages hahhaa.
So, DON'T run tests: DBXExamples, DBXFullTestRunner and DBXResetTestBackend.
The rest should work.

> I had to disable DBXQueryDMLTest>>testUpdateWithBadData because in the
> DB frontend I cannot update a numeric field with a String but in
> SqueakDBX no error is raised.
>
> I have no clue how to deal with this.
> *Please give me some ideas!*

I fordwarded you an email from OpenDBX mailing list.

> The other deselected ones have errors.
> All errors account for the fact that
> 'INSERT INTO signature(code, name, observations, id_student)
>  VALUES (11, ''Something'', ''Nothing'', 2)'
> does not work for MySQL4.
>
> I know this from my other programs and I had to extend String with:
>
> surroundedByDoubleQuotes
>        "Answer the receiver with leading and trailing quotes.  "
>
>        ^ $" asString, self, $" asString
>
> and would use that to get quotes around Something and Nothing.
>
> For some reason String>>surroundedBySingleQuotes would not do the job.
>
> I'll check if this is a Squeak issue or a MySQl issue by continuing in
> Squeak 3.10.2

I don't know what to tell you. As you said, maybe you should test it in
3.10.2

Best,

Mariano