[SqueakDBX] Re: Running the tests on Squeak 3.8.2 and MySQL 4 more guidance needed.

Herbert König herbertkoenig at gmx.net
Fri Oct 9 20:08:06 UTC 2009

Hello Mariano,

MMP> I fordwarded you an email from OpenDBX mailing list.

thanks, I will take a look.

MMP> I'll check if this is a Squeak issue or a MySQl issue by continuing in
MMP> Squeak 3.10.2

MMP> I don't know what to tell you. As you said, maybe you should test it in 3.10.2

Exactly the same situation in 3.10.2 only running core-tests. So I
guess the problem is with MySQL 4.

As to keep it manageable I'll factor the String

'INSERT INTO signature(code, name, observations, id_student)
 VALUES (11, ''Something'', ''Nothing'', 2)'

into a method in DBXBackendFacility and overwrite it in
DBXMySQL4Facility.

And to keep the fingers out of String I will inline my String
extension into that method.

Be sure it will be an ugly method :-))

Cheers,

Herbert                            mailto:herbertkoenig at gmx.net