[SqueakDBX] Install fails on latest Phaor image

John Toohey jt at parspro.com
Tue Oct 20 04:17:58 UTC 2009

Yep, I've been looking at this also. I guess adding it to the GlorpPharoPort
package is a solution. I think asNumber should fail in this case, but having
a method in  GlorpPharoPort package  return 0 in this case seems to be the
only solution. Maybe someone on the Pharo list will come up with something
better.

On Mon, Oct 19, 2009 at 23:31, Mariano Martinez Peck
<marianopeck at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 19, 2009 at 11:14 PM, John Toohey <jt at parspro.com> wrote:
>
>> Thanks Mariano , have it installed now, but I think I'll wait for a
>> resolution to the asInteger issue. I have the same 4 failing tests.
>>

> The problem is in
>
>   readTimeFromStream: aStream for: aType
>   readTimestampFromStream: aStream for: aType
>
> Where it does:
>
> timeZoneOffset := aStream upToEnd asNumber.
>
> many times aStream upToEnd  is ''  and '' asNumber raise an error in Pharo.
> The error is 'Reading a number failed'.
>
> Nicolas suggest to use Number readFrom: self ifFail: [^0]
>
> but this message is only implemented in Pharo, not squeak :(
>
> So, do you have an idea of how to do this so that it runs in Pharo AND
> squeak ?
>
> The only solution I see is to implement asNumberOrZero as a Glorp
> extension, but I don't know if this is the best. At least it works.
>
> Any idea?
>
> best
>
> mariano
>

>> On Mon, Oct 19, 2009 at 21:09, Mariano Martinez Peck <
>> marianopeck at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Thanks john. It was my fault, as I changed a URL. I commited the fix in:
>>>
>>> Name: GlorpPharoLoader-MarianoMartinezPeck.6
>>> Author: MarianoMartinezPeck
>>> Time: 19 October 2009, 10:08:21 pm
>>> UUID: 45effe51-e9d4-4fc1-a20f-f25c67c5dc1b
>>> Ancestors: GlorpPharoLoader-MarianoMartinezPeck.5
>>>
>>> The undersore.cs changed the URL in assembla
>>>
>>> However....I am getting 4 failing test which is due that now in pharo ''
>>> asInteger returns an error instead of zero (as it was in older images). I
>>> asked in mailing list about this.
>>>
>>> Best
>>>
>>> Mariano

>> --