[SqueakDBX] Testers for MySQL under windows

Mariano Martinez Peck marianopeck at gmail.com
Fri Sep 11 00:20:38 UTC 2009

Hi folks!

OpenDBX supports now MySQL under Windows (new release 1.4.3). I couldn't
test SqueakDBX because I have a problem with the MySQL I have installed in
my windows PC, but OpenDBX was tested and worked perfect. I will fix my
MySQL in Windows so that I can test it, but if you want to also try to test
it, you can do it. It is quite easy:

1) Download DLLs from here:
http://linuxnetworks.de/opendbx/download/opendbx-1.4.3_win32.zip

2) Copy libopendbx-1.dll and libmysqlbackend-1.dll to c:/windows/system32/

3) Install your MySQL client libraries. If the database is in other PC, you
can install the client libraries...In details:

For using MySQL, you need to install the "Windows
Essentials"<http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/mysql/5.1.html#win32>available
in the download section of the MySQL website. A minimal install
must consist of

Client Programs -> MySQL Command Line Utilities
C Include Files / Lib Files

Otherwise, the libmysql.dll file isn't installed in the "bin\" directory and
the files in the "include\" and "lib\opt\" directory are not available.
If you have the database installed, I think you also have the client, but I
am not sure.

THE IMPORTANT thing is that the MySQL libraries (dlls) are findable by
windows (put it in the same directory of the executable, in path or whatever
windows can do)

If I could test it, I will let you know. If you do it, please let me know ;)

Best,

Mariano