[SqueakDBX] Connection not Valid problem

Mariano Martinez Peck marianopeck at gmail.com
Fri Sep 25 13:21:56 UTC 2009

On Fri, Sep 25, 2009 at 12:04 PM, John Toohey <jt at parspro.com> wrote:

> I now have a new image with Seaside 3 installed, however when I run the
> follow :-
> Installer ss project: 'SqueakDBX'; install: 'SqueakDBXPharoLoader'.
> SqueakDBXPharoLoader loadGlorpDBX
>
> This package depends on the following classes:
>   PGConnection
> You must resolve these dependencies before you will be able to load these
> definitions:
>   PGConnection classSide>>buildDefaultFieldConverters
>   PGConnection classSide>>buildStateTransitionTable
>
> Do I need to install the Postgres driver before I do this? I thought it was
> part of the GlorpDBX install.

Yeah, I know :(
It is difficult to explain but there is some places of Glorp which still
reference to PGConnection. However, it is not used. Don't worry. Do a
"proceed" and everything will be ok.
I will then try to see how to fix this.

what happened to SqueakDBX tests and the amount of connections? did it work
my commit ?

Here is a summary of the things we did to GLorp and how to run GlorpDBX
tests:

http://squeakdbx.smallworks.com.ar/GLORP integration

Ok, it was a secret that webpage. It is our own website with seaside and
pier to replace the swiki :)   We will then do the public ANN hahaha.