[SqueakDBX] Re: Re[2]: [opendbx] Should MySQL 4.0.15. work with OpenDBX ?

Mariano Martinez Peck marianopeck at gmail.com
Tue Sep 29 21:17:24 UTC 2009

2009/9/29 Herbert König <herbertkoenig at gmx.net>

> Hello Mariano Norbert,
>
> wouldn't the cheapest way be to just build a special case into
> SqueakDBX error handling that could be activated via some option?

This, this can be perfectly done (I think). I also have thought in this
solution. I will review the code and commit a version so that you can test
it.

The thing is that I don't know what happens if you open a connection with
this error. What happens with all of the queries you do then ? will them
work?

It's a recoverable error after all.

> Same for OpenDBX, couldn't it just be an option? Me talking about
> something I know nothing about.
>
> And about supporting an extra built I'd say it's a pain that isn't
> worth it. (Talking about something I know). So it can either be a
> parameter in OpenDBX or it can be done in SqueakDBX.

ok.

> As time permits I will try a port to see if I find more problems than
> the recoverable connection error.
>
> I will let you know.

Thanks.