[SqueakDBX] Re: [opendbx] Ubuntu 9.10 Installation problem in configure step

Mariano Martinez Peck marianopeck at gmail.com
Sun Apr 25 19:48:49 UTC 2010

On Fri, Apr 23, 2010 at 2:39 PM, Hannes Hirzel <hannes.hirzel at gmail.com>wrote:

> Having a comprehensive step by step guide how to install OpenDBX in
> Ubuntu  (plus SqueakDBX but that is on another list) would be great
> for me.

Don't you think this is enough?

http://www.squeakdbx.org/Compiling%20and%20installing%20OpenDBX

http://www.squeakdbx.org/Compiling%20for%20different%20backends/Common%20steps%20and%20problems

http://www.squeakdbx.org/Compiling%20for%20different%20backends/Different%20backends%20under%20Ubuntu

> I think I got OpenDBX installed but I am not sure as it does not work
> in SqueakDBX.

There are tests for OpenDBX and tests for SqueakDBX. If OpenDBX tests work,
then OpenDBX is working.
If OpenDBX tests work, but SqueakDBX don't, then, SqueakDBX is not working.

You can read about how to run the OpenDBX tests in the links I already sent
you.

How to run SqueakDBX tests, you can read it here:

http://www.squeakdbx.org/Tests

> I do not know where the error is.

Me neither. If you don't try to give me the max info available, I won't be
able to help you.

> However currently I do not have time to pursue this. I will give it
> another try in about three weeks time with a fresh Ubuntu 10.04
> installation in a virtual machine.
>
> Thank you all for your help so far.

You are welcome. I think all the process is well documented. And if it is
not, please let us know.

Cheers

Mariano