[SqueakDBX] Character encoding and pooling in SqueakDBX and Glorp

Panu Suominen panu.j.m.suominen at gmail.com
Tue Aug 24 07:55:42 UTC 2010

We have postgresql database using UTF-8 charset and I had problems
doing queries against the database using umlaut characters.
It looked like there was no character conversion done to the
statements going to opendbx api. Or is it that I just did not find it?

However I implemented a little fix that encodes strings going and
coming from OpenDBX and mechanism that queries the
encoding database uses and attaches this information to the connection.
Unfortunately the charset query is currently only implemented for
postgresql (show client_encoding).
Where should I post these changes? Directly to squeaksource?

Also is there a connection pooling facility for SqueakDBX or Glorp?

--
Panu